Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 3/30/15

It was another busy weekend!
Saturday I worked at the LQS for the last day of our shop hop. I'm paid in fabric and get to take some of the extra cookies home. Double bonus!!

Sunday I finally surrendered and did some house cleaning. I only spent a couple hours cleaning and moving some out-of-season decorations back to storage but the house just felt "new." If only the weather had been nice enough to open some windows. I'll share pictures of our trip to Bray Farms for Maple Weekend later this week.

The rest of the weekend was spent in my quilt studio...but you knew that! April's Rainbow Scrappy Challenge color was announced and it's Purple!!!!!! Swoon!! My fav color!!! I did some pressing and cutting but don't have much to show yet.


I also finished the last setting rosette for my Value Proposition project. I can't say that this is my fav block but it's not as bad as I was worried it would be either.  The colors are all coordinated from the red stripe but that fabric is just bright and I wouldn't otherwise put all 4 fabrics together. I'm not worried tho, it will all look fine tucked amongst the other blocks in the final quilt.


And just to share how I have been tracking my progress, it's been on an index card tucked into the light switch for my studio. I kitted 2 of the 3 remaining blocks and I've made a good start on stitching one of them already. As I said last week, LOTS of sashing left to go but I've got my nose to the grindstone...




4 comments:

Janet O. said...

What a surprise to find hexies on your design wall! But I totally understand. When I worked on my trunk show it had my total focus until I was finished.
Love the organization system at the light switch. I'll have to give that a try. : )

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love how the house feels "new" after a cleaning/tidying, but I just can't bring myself to take the time ... I'd rather quilt! ;-) I love your "filing" system.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy Shay said...

We had a shop hop this past weekend too. What a great pay fro your LQS!