Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, August 03, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 8/3/15

Woo Hoo!! Another finish with time to spare before the fair!! And did I mention that for the first time the fair is having a paper piecing category?It doesn't specify EPP or not so I am trying to get all the gals from my hexie club to enter something so the category will be there again next year.

On Friday I quilted my little quilt for the antique dolly bed. I quilted white pebbles over the white hexies, outlined the red flowers in red and traced blue lines in dark blue. Very imaginative, I know!

Gotta love that texture!

There is a slight pucker at each end of the RWB diamond since the white areas are much more densely quilted but I think I can block that out. I'm really only concerned about it for the fair, after that I don't think the cats will mind one way or the other.


And this is my littly Dolly checking out the dolly quilt on her dolly bed! I'm 99% sure after a couple washings, the quilt will loosen up enough to hang over the sides of the "mattress". I love pebble quilting but it is a little stiff...


13 comments:

Julierose said...

Wow--how do you make such tiny quilt blocks--this is just lovely--colors are great...your kitty knows a lovely finish when she sees it!1 Hugs, Julierose

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Dolly looks like she is checking out the digs on her bed. The quilt is lovely.

Pamela said...

Adorable! I like how you have quilted it great idea!

Dar said...

Very nice quilting and pretty quilt all around. You are so good to your kitty. Hope she takes care of it! lol

Janet O. said...

Oh, this looks so good!
I find pebbling very labor intensive. Don't even know if I could have done that much. But it looks great! : )

margaret said...

these have worked so well such spoilt cats with beds and quilts!

Manuela said...

Congratulation on this lovely finish.
Your quilting looks great.
Greetings, Manuela

Jo said...

It looks lovely. I'm sure your cats will enjoy sleeping on it

Karen H said...

The quilt looks great and if my past experience is anything to go by that quilt will be covered in cat hair in no time flat!

Jill said...

This is stunning. Even the back is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

It looks great Sarah......!!

Angie in SoCal said...

Love it! And the quilting is fab. Congrats on your finish. I look forward to seeing all the entries from the fair.

Chantal said...

Hiya Sarah! I love the little dolly quilt! It really looks so nice on the dolly bed. Great job with the pebble quilting.